Friday, January 27, 2012

No Fear

On the plane from Houston to Mexico, my seatmate asked me “Aren’t you afraid to go to Saltillo because of the shootings that have been happening every day?” I told her that I hadn’t been aware of the violence she was talking about, but that it didn’t make any difference. I am completely secure because of knowing God and being 100% sure that He wants me in Mexico.

It doesn’t matter whether I’m in my own home or in downtown Saltillo; if I’m being and doing what He wants, I can rest in the fact that I won’t die (or get injured, either) unless He wants me to – and if He chooses that for me, I’ll be okay in it because He knows a whole lot better than I do and because He provides (for His children) what it takes to pass – ultimately unscathed – through whatever situation He gives. He works everything for my good because I am called by Him and I love Him (Romans 8:28). Though I am often scared about a lot of things, I don’t have to be; His love casts out the fear when I go to Him with it (1John 4:18; 5:14-15).

He’s powerful, and He’s good; we can trust Him.

1 comment: